In observance of spending my 29th birthday in El Salvador, I have compiled a list of the top ten reasons that I’m thankful to be traveling at a young age.
10. I can still manage to sleep in a room shared with creepy crawlers that are bigger than my own hand.
9. I am able to display patience when girls come back to the guesthouse at 3:30 a.m. and keep me up until 4:30 a.m. when I have a bus to catch at 7:00 a.m.
8. I can remedy a night of poor decision making with a strong coffee and a swim.
7. Streetfood is my jam.
6. I can still convince myself that doing something dangerous is just being “adventurous”.
5. Someday I will be able to tell my children how awesome their parents were.
4. I’ve can use my knowledge of other cultures and lifestyles to help shape how I will live the rest of my life.
3.. Travel has bonded Jordan and I together like white on rice.
2. Couchsurfing around the world will be a lot easier with all of the friends we have made from all over the globe.
1. I have realized that age means little to nothing when it comes to 2-9. Travel is all about ATTITUDE.